The Center for Dairy Excellence Foundation of Pennsylvania and Pennsylvania Dairymen’s Association offers ten $3,000 scholarships to undergraduate students annually to directly support Student Leader Scholarships.
To qualify, students must demonstrate a commitment to working in the dairy industry in the future and be enrolled in a related undergraduate major. The purpose of these scholarships is to provide recognition, encouragement, and financial assistance to outstanding students enrolled in academic programs that support the dairy industry. Of these monetary awards, one is specifically designated for an incoming freshman.
- Applicants must be Pennsylvania residents, though can be enrolled in a college or university either in or out-of-state.
- Students may apply for the scholarship in subsequent years, but only can receive the $3,000 award once during their undergraduate academic year.
- Selection of the recipients is based solely on the completed application within the following criteria: academic performance, apparent commitment to a career related to the dairy industry, evidence of leadership, character, integrity, and application compliance. There is no GPA requirement, though it is taken into consideration within academic performance.
- All candidate names and personal information are withheld from selection committee during application review.
- All applications are reviewed by a committee consisting of members of the Pennsylvania Dairymen’s Association, Center for Dairy Excellence and Center for Dairy Excellence Foundation of Pennsylvania.
- Scholarships are awarded in late August, upon certification of enrollment by designated college or university.
Download 2017 STUDENT LEADER SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATION here.
All applications must be received by the Center for Dairy Excellence by June 1, 2017 to be eligible for consideration.
Questions? Contact Mary Foote, Dairy Education Program Director, Center for Dairy Excellence, at 717-346-0849 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.