2018 Dairy Financial and Risk Management Conference
September 12, 2018 from 8:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
Central Penn Conference Center, 600 Valley Road, Summerdale, PA 17093
The challenges facing dairy farm families in 2018 demand a full understanding of the dairy marketplace and the factors that are creating the stress in the industry today. The ninth annual Dairy Financial and Risk Management Conference will provide insight for dairy lenders and financial professionals to advise their dairy farm clients on how these market dynamics should impact decisions, business planning processes and best management practices on the farm.
Cost of attendance is $200 per person, including meals. Registration is discounted to $150 per person for those who are representatives of Center Allies for Advancement with a bronze level or higher. Registration for the conference closes September 5.
To view the 2018 Dairy Financial and Risk Management Conference brochure, please visit here. You may send this brochure in to register for the conference, too. Please email this form to firstname.lastname@example.org.
To learn more about the conference, please call the Center for Dairy Excellence at (717) 346-0849.
Keynote speakers that will highlight the conference include:
- Dr. John Newton, director of market intelligence for the American Farm Bureau Federation, will speak on dairy revenue protection insurance and other risk management tools for dairy outlook. Newtown has experience as an agricultural economist for the USDA, as a fellow of the United State Senate Agriculture Committee, as faculty at the University of Illinois and as the chief economist for the National Milk Producers Federation.
- Jeff Peissing, general manager of a De Laval dealership, will discuss his perspective on finances and management of new technology. Peissing is a former loan officer with Farm Credit.
- Kelly Kundratic, manager of Agriculture Programs and Policy between TeamPA and the Pennsylvania Department of Agriculture, will be a part of the dairy processing panel.
- Jared Grissinger, a member of the governor’s action team, will be a part of the dairy processing panel.
- Dr. John Noullet, a mental health care educator with Wellspan Philhaven, will lead a panel discussion focused on stress with the farm and in the office.
Look for more information about the conference in the upcoming weeks.