In 2012, the Center for Dairy Excellence joined the University of Pennsylvania New Bolton Center, the Penn State Extension Dairy Team, and the St. Joseph University School of Food Marketing to complete a comprehensive “Pennsylvania Dairy Future Analysis.” Now released, this analysis includes a review of historical trends for dairy production, processing and consumption in Pennsylvania, offering prescriptions for needed interventions to move the industry forward.
To access Dairy Analyzer Program resulting from Analysis, click here.
Webinars will be held at 2 p.m. the second and fourth Friday of every month from June through October, which each one reviewing a different portion of the final Pennsylvania Dairy Futures Analysis report. Participation in the webinars can be through the web or on a conference call. All webinars will be recorded for later viewing.
Click on the links below to register for an upcoming webinar or access a recording of a past webinar.
- Friday, June 14, “An Overview of the Analysis Objectives & Findings”
- Friday, June 28, “A Review of the Dairy Producer Survey Results”
- Friday, July 12, “Profit Growth Options for Pennsylvania’s Dairy Industry”
- Friday, July 26, “Culling Management Strategies to Maximize Profits”
- Friday, August 9, “Reproductive Management Strategies for a 25% PR”
- Friday, August 23, “Milk Quality Management Strategies for 150,000 SCC”
- Friday, September 13, “Milk Yield and Nutritional Management Strategies”
- Friday, September 27, “Heifer Strategies to Achieve an AFC of 22 Months”
- Friday, November 1, “Milk Processing & Consumption Trends in Pennsylvania”
- Friday, November 8, “A Review of What Labeling Can Do for Milk Sales”